Reply To: Private: Educational Science in Action: Evaluating an Assessment Instrument

A Renewal of Education Forums Active Conversations Private: Educational Science in Action: Evaluating an Assessment Instrument Reply To: Private: Educational Science in Action: Evaluating an Assessment Instrument

Monica De Tuya
Keymaster

Hi All,

Here are my thoughts with regards to the above prompt: “What were your expectations for this rating experience and were those expectations met? Why or why not?”

This was the first time I administered the activity as an instructor, so therefore it was the first time I had rated the activity from that perspective as well. Also, it had been several years since I had worked with the process and the tools of this activity. My expectations were that this would be a complex and time-consuming activity, both administering and rating. My expectations were met! I found that preparing for administering, administering and rating all took much focus, energy, and intellectual exertion. Was this because of the tools or the process, or was it because I was coming to the activity after a long time away, and my personal process? I think it is the latter.

This is not to say that it was a negative experience – to the contrary, I found the intellectual exertion exciting and productive!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on your expectations for the activity. Then, as this conversation progresses, we are going to look more closely and specifically at the actual tools and processes.

Best,
Monica