Reply To: Knowing The Learner Chapter 1 Review

A Renewal of Education Forums Active Conversations Knowing The Learner Chapter 1 Review Reply To: Knowing The Learner Chapter 1 Review

Paul Zachos

Hi Patrick,

If more people approach Knowing the Learner with the seriousness, thoughtfulness and insight that you have contributed I believe that we will be building a strong foundation for constructive change in educational practice.

Your review has definitely led to improvements in how I think about and give expression to the underlying issues that we are concerned with. For example Your discussion on community illustrates a basic principle that we value but have only lightly mentioned in the book —  the human system dynamics that operate in educational communities when assessment and evaluation are carried out. I have recently been learning more about this through the work of Patterson, Holladay and Eoyang
https://smile.amazon.com/Radical-Rules-Schools-Adaptive-Complex/dp/0615766269/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1AXSIL7BZVVIJ&keywords=radical+rules+for+schools&qid=1562013492&s=books&sprefix=radical+rules%2Caps%2C135&sr=1-2